operated by Premier Imports, LLC
Two day Class starts on Saturday at 8:00AM, runs through the weekend and ends at 5:00PM on Sunday, rain or shine.
This class offers an introduction into the philosophy and methodology behind Sniper application within Soviet Armed Forces and especially Spetsnaz units. This three day class will have students become familiar with their weapons and scopes, learn “shooting nest” set up and basic concealment, movement within a unit, quick target acquisition and rapid precision fire. Students will gain an understanding of Soviet Sniper doctrine and gain confidence in their ability to engage targets at long distance with additional twist – Dropping Temperatures.
Apart from the main theme of this course, students will have a chance to take part in assuming leadership roles, setting up a bivouac and meal consumption Soviet Army style as well as a few other surprises that our staff has prepared.
This course is taught by our staff instructor Mark “Marco” Vorobiev with assistance from another staff instructor David Fortier.
This is going to be high-pace, high-intensity class with fair amount of shooting.
Cost - $450.00 per student for the entire course.
This class is limited to 20 students. Spots are offered on a first come-first served basis.
Saturday night a dinner will be hosted by Behind Lines for all students, instructors and staff.
At the end of the Course Certificates of completion will be awarded.
Soviet Spetsnaz Winter/Cold Weather Sniper Course
This site and all contents are copyright © 2005-2009 Premier Imports, LLC.
2866 Page Avenue • Ann Arbor, MI • 48104 • USA
What to bring:
- Your favorite scoped rifle, preferably semi-automatic, although bolt-action rifles are also welcome.
- 500-600 rounds of proper caliber ammunition. Additional ammo will be available for sale by Wolf Ammunition at the site.
- Binoculars, although not necessary, but range finding scale would be a great help.
- Your most comfortable load bearing chest or belt rig that would fit over winter clothing.
- Winter BDU or utility uniform/clothing that you would not mind getting dirty, dusty or muddy. You kit should consist of minimum of base layer (cotton long johns or similar), insulation layer (wool, fleece or sweat type tunic and pants) and main outer heavy insulated layer with water resistant shell (jacket must be cotton, Thinsulate® or down insulated). On your feet you should have one pair of cotton crew socks and second pair of wool long socks.
- Suitable and comfortable winter boots/shoes that you would not mind getting dirty, dusty or muddy.
- Wool or synthetic insulated head cover of your choice. Russian "Ushankas" also welcome.
- Gloves or shooting mittens.
- White (Winter) Camo coveralls. Limited number of Soviet winter coveralls will be available for purchase from Behind Lines at the site for $44.99.
- Sleeping bag (for bivouac).
- Your most comfortable backpack.
- E-tool or spade. Limited number of Soviet e-tools with original covers will be available for purchase from Behind Lines at the site for $24.99.
- Canteen or water bottle. Limited number of Soviet canteens will be available for purchase from Behind Lines at the site for $24.99.
- Mess Kit with utensils. Limited number of Soviet Mess Kits (no utensils) will be available for purchase from Behind Lines at the site for $24.99.
- Eye and Hearing protection.
- Gun cleaning kit.
- Small note pad and pencil.
- Ears, Eyes and Open Minds.
What students can bring (following items are not necessary, but can be helpful as well as add to more realistic feel of the course):
- Rain poncho.
- Shooting mat.
- Sleeping bag.
- Range finder.
- Side arm (no ammo).
- “Short” foldable rifle with 200-300 rounds of ammo.
- Flack jacket/Body armor and Helmet.
Sniper Course Schedule:
Saturday 8:00AM – 6:00PM
Sunday 8:00AM – 5:00PM
Please plan to arrive at the site at least 15 minutes before start of the Class. Expect to spend 10 hours in the field. Hardy breakfast and plenty of rest between class sessions is highly advised.
Special 2-day Event taught at Direct Action Resource Center in Little Rock, AR